Chocolate nut & seed protein oats with caramelized banana
Prep 10 mins Cook 7 mins serve 2
- Cal 410
- Carbs 70g
- Fats 8g
- Protein 8g
- 2/3 cup rolled oats
- 1 tbsp pepitas
- 2 tsp sunflower kernels
- One tbs cocoa powder plus extra to dust
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup chocolate protein powder
- 2 tsp honey
- One tbs peeled hazelnuts chopped
- 1/2 medium banana sliced
- Toast oats and half the peptize and sunflower kernels in a small saucepan over low heat for minutes.
- Add cocoa powder and stir to coat.
- Stir through milk and protein powder. Heat to boiling, then reduce to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes, continually whisking, adding water if necessary.
- Add honey and mix well.
- At the same time, heat a small non-stick skillet set over med-high heat. Add banana pieces and cook for a minute on each side or until golden brown.
- Divide oats between bowls and top with cooked banana, remaining seeds, and hazelnuts—dust with extra cocoa powder to serve.